Monday, January 17, 2011

Conversations

"Mom," asks my oldest, "if a millionaire named Steve came to the door and asked you to marry him, would you?" 
"I don't know anything about him, how do I know he's a good guy?"  I question and make a mental note to stop using words like too-expensive or can't afford.  Must come up with new words.
"His name is Steve, he's a really nice guy and LDS."  She answers.
"Well then, as long as he's a nice guy, LDS, a millionaire, and named Steve, why not?"


Then my youngest jumped in..."Mom, if a millionaire werewolf named Steve came and asked you to marry him would you?"

"Is he a Twilight werewolf or a Harry Potter werewolf?"  I question.
"Wow, that is quite the difference!"  exclaimed the middle child.

"He's a Twilight werewolf, LDS, a millionaire, and a good guy."  She decides with the help of her siblings.
"Well then again, why not?"  I respond back making another mental note to find out who is Steve.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, so very funny. I love how they had to really think about the two different types of werewolf. It really matters!

    So, the next time you meet someone named Steve, are you going to secretly arrange a credit check before accepting a date? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I do think however, I will avoid dates with guys named Steve on nights with full moons.

    ReplyDelete